The Ministry of Water resources, Works and Housing (MWRWH) is an Infrastructure Sub-Sector civil service organisation. It works as a machinery of the Executive arm of Government through the office of the Head of Civil Service of the Republic of Ghana. The Ministry, until November, 2005 was known as the Ministry of Works and Housing. In order to bring it in line with global thinking, modern practice and the readiness to focus, act and play major role in the global effort to provide the needed support to a comprehensive infrastructure sector, the Ministry was re-designed the Ministry of Water Resources, Works and Housing under Section 11 of the Civil Service Law, 1993 (P.N.D.C.L 327) and the Civil Service (Ministries) Executive Instrument 2003 (E.I.16).
The Ministry has the overall responsibility for the initiation, the formulation, implementation and co-ordination of policies and programmes for the systematic development of the country’s infrastructure requirements in respect of Works, Housing, Water Supply and Sanitation, Hydrology and Flood Control Systems to ensure efficiency of the sector.
- Minister For Work And Housing Inspects Flood Prone Area
- Parliamentary Select Committee On Works And Housing Calls On The Minister For Works And Housing
- Hon. Minister’s Thank You Meeting with Heads
- The Hungarain Ambassador Paid A Coutersy Call To The Honourable Minister
- Water Minister Lobby For Chinese Investment In Housing and Water Sector